Delicious new finds are the greatest thing ever, especially when it is something you are totally capable of doing! You all know those recipes out there that look amazing but are unbelievably impossible for the average human. Well don’t worry about those recipes because this one is pretty simple. I will say that the only thing that i have had troubles with is how long it needs to be in the oven because when I followed the original recipe it needed longer than the 20 minutes it said it needed. Don’t worry though, thats an easy fix.
This is definitely one of my favorite recipes to make because it is always a crowd pleaser. Even my friend at work who is the most picky eater in the whole world enjoyed it and went back for seconds. He’s one of those people that chooses jello over cake…..yeah I know, he’s not the best friend to have haha who doesn’t like any form of cake??? Another great thing about this recipe is that since it has fresh fruit in it, you don’t have to feel as bad eating it!
Lets dive into this ooey gooey goodness of a recipe!
Ingredients for the Crust
- 12 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
Ingredients for the Filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar (garnish)
- lemon slices (garnish)
- fresh raspberries (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a 9 x 9 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the crust ingredients until a dough has formed; softened butter and sugar and slowly pour in the flour until evenly combined.
- Once a dough has formed press the dough evenly into the bottom of your baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Now for the filling, take your mixing bowl and whisk together the eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Slowly pour the flour into the mixture and once completely mixed in start adding the lemon juice and raspberries. Be sure to fully crush the raspberries while mixing so they spread evenly in the filling.
- Once the crust is taken out of the oven immediately pour the filling on top and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until the filling looks more solid than runny.
- Once it has cooled completely sprinkle powdered sugar over the top and garnish each square with a lemon slice and raspberries. If you are not serving right away the garnish can wait because you don’t want it to get soggy.
It really isn’t that hard to make actually but it does make it easier to mix the dough if you have an electric mixer since it gets really tough but if you don’t have an electric mixer your hands will do the trick.
I wish I could take credit for this amazing recipe but all credit goes to the Lovely Little Kitchen whom I found on my Pinterest. She has some really amazing recipes and she certainly knows her stuff so feel free to check out her page and I’ll leave a link down below.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe post, I couldn’t keep this gem to myself. Let me know if any of you try this recipe and tell me how they turned out. Have a lovely week! Byeeeeee♥